A sectional garage door is a type of garage door made up of individual panels or “sections” connected by hinges. This is the most popular traditional style of garage doors in residential neighborhoods, known for its space efficiency and versatility.
Here’s a breakdown of its key characteristics:
- Panels: The door is divided into horizontal panels that are hinged together, allowing them to flex as the door opens and closes.
- Tracks and Rollers: As the door operates, rollers attached to the sides of the panels run along tracks on either side of the garage opening, guiding the door up and overhead.
- Space Efficiency: Because the door retracts overhead rather than swinging outwards, it’s an excellent choice for saving space in driveways or tight garages.
- Versatility: Sectional garage doors come in various materials, styles, and finishes, adaptable to many architectural designs and personal preferences.
- Insulation Options: Many sectional garage doors offer insulation options, making them energy-efficient and helping to maintain temperature control within the garage.
Sectional garage doors are favored for their sleek operation and flexibility in design, providing both functionality and aesthetic appeal. Preview our extensive selection of sectional doors here. Whether you’re seeking a modern look with glass panels or a classic wood finish, our range of sectional garage doors offers a wide array of options to fit your needs.